Sunday, October 28, 2012

More Tax Stuff (Yaaay?)

   The tax hike thing I had mentioned. It's either that, or flat taxes. (Or no taxes at all, which would ideally be ideal until you remember petty things like reality and realize that the government would then have to get all of its money through borrowing from other countries or through donations (which totally seems likely (sarcasm.)))

   If tax hikes on the lower class are a bad idea, flat taxes are also a bad idea. A better idea than higher taxes for the poor, but still a pretty bad one. $100 to someone of the upper class means a heck of a lot more than it does to someone of the lower class. Might as well not pay them. That's alright, though, because it's like slavery!

   Yeah. You do realize, though, that it's only the upper class who could afford slaves, right? So, it'd be like... Is this supposed to make me feel better? Heh.

   EDIT: Shoot, flat taxes are a real thing? And they're nothing at all like how I've described them? Well, gosh. I was just being, you know, (fancy word.) Also, if the argument seemed a little schizoid, it's because it is- I had originally written it as a conversation between two people, one arguing in favor of slavery.

   Yeah.

   I realized, though, with the tax stuff from earlier, that I could rewrite that conversation a bit and reconstitute it as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment