Saturday, October 27, 2012

More Politics Stuff (Yaaay!)

   Technical issues continue to prevent me from doing Halloween stuff, because I've got pictures of my costume but am pretty sure I need a mouse to upload them here, but I suppose I can do text stuff.

   There was that "cool" (re: gratingly informal) dig against Romney, and then that pro-Romney PAC ad that stated that although Romney might not be as cool as Obama, coolness isn't really the primary thing we look for in a presidential candidate. Bam! Ziing. There's plenty more irony where that came from. At least, I think it's irony that's been flying around a lot lately. It sure as cuss ain't coincidence, and it involves humorous juxtapositions that convey the opposite of- well, not their literal meanings, but their literal intent, so...? All I know is, if I'm wrong, I'm going to kick myself over it for years to come. Because, seriously, irony isn't that complex of a thing. Well, it is, since it involves contradictions, but it's not that hard to define. Most of the incorrect uses of the word irony stem from either mistaking it for coincidence (which we've established that this is not) or just using it as an "iron" pun regardless of context (which... hmm... this also isn't.) Also, is "Irony Man" a thing? Undoubtedly. But it's probably just, like, a one-shot thing, right? There's so much more potential there than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment