Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sources

   As I said, I'm fairly confident that I know more about copyright laws than most people. Enough to know that "Google Image Search" isn't a source, at least. So, it would seem that I'm completely within my bounds to use copyrighted materials within fair use rights on a private not-for-profit weblog. Still, I try to provide as much copyright information as I reasonably can, and the source of whatever image I may be using. Sometimes, I've got absolutely no clue, though. Like with this one:
   Which is what makes this image so baffling in the first place. I've got no idea what connection, if any, this image has with the Watchponies video, because I don't know the site that originally hosted this. It's not even anywhere to be found on the site that Image Search says it's from. I think that site's just a bunch of insurance stuff. There's a URL in the corner there, presumably that of the original host, but I can't make it out.

   In such a situation there's nothing to be done. Still, I try to give credit where credit is do where I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment