Monday, October 8, 2012

What We Did Wrong, What We Did Right

   ...Huh. Turns out he DIDN'T swoop down in the eleventh hour to fund the rest of the project. Which, based on what he said about being willing to fund his own stuff, was what I thought would happen. It just seemed like it would be his plan all along. Science didn't ... didn't happen.

   I... don't know what will happen now. I really wouldn't even have any investment in it if I wasn't informed that it even existed in the first place. I don't know how this is going to fit in. bUt! (I miscapitalized that, but I rather like the effect.) But! Hindsight 20/20 and all that. Time to go over WHAT WENT WRONG now, shall we?
  1. It could have used more, like, bunnies?
  2. Bidding tiers too small. There was no chance to make any significant amount of money without even more significant word-of-mouth. Which brings us to...
  3. I'm not sure if it was advertised as well as it should have been. I know for a fact that there a quite a few K-pop fans who would have been willing to get behind that stuff.
  4. Introductory video was, let's face it, slightly creepy.
   Okay, now my (officially obligated to be) favorite part, WHAT WENT RIGHT:
  1. Willingness to put own funds into project- a lot of Kickstarter campaigns are just looking to mooch money off of other people.
  2. The human touch. Personal story about seeing humanity devolve after Hurricane Katrina- very awesome, very fascinating. Could have used more of that.
    1. Also, waiting till the end to want that final push of funding- see the mooching thing above.
       That's all I can think of at the moment. Anything else I forgot to mention?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment