Saturday, February 13, 2016

CBW Idaho Falls Trip

   The Comic Book Workshop usually have a "lab" on Saturdays, at 1:00 at the Crossroads Food Court in the Manwaring Center. This week, however, we took a trip up to Idaho Falls today, to eat at IHOP and shop at Hastings Entertainment. We left a little before 10:00, and got back, 1:30-ish I guess, so it wasn't that long but it was still a relatively big trip.

   Hastings has things new and used, of comic books and apparel and books and CDs and action figures, and also DVDs and video games but I didn't spend much time checking those sections. (IHOP, meanwhile, I'm pretty sure has beer, just judging my the name? but we all got breakfast instead.) Also, one of the two vehicles back swung by this arts/crafts supply place for a bit, but, fearing for the remainder of my pursage, I just took the car back that I'd taken up which was just heading straight back home. Plus that was the vehicle all my stuff was in that I'd brought up, so.

   So, odd bit of self-discovery today, I have developed nerve endings into my wallet, because, it hurt going into Hastings like that. It really, really hurt. Luckily none of the comic books appealed to me that much (or at least not enough to be worth buying, with my throbbing pocketbook- oh boy the entire collected Knightfall story arc of Batman, I sure wish I had $90 to spare on three phone books!)... I stuck to CDs and books.

   Judy Hopps and the Missing Jumbo Pop is just so great, and I utterly lack the capacity to explain why...

   Meanwhile, I am two albums closer to my goal of total U2 album domination! And also Under a Blood Red Sky, which I realized not longer after the purchase that I already own, albeit only (till now) in cassette tape form.

   Figuring I should probably have some photography to prove the trip and one or two of the goodies we got on it, I commissioned (but for free of course) the following portrait, where I'm wearing, not my steampunk goggles purchased from Hastings, but those of the gal in the seat next to me. And they are even sweller to wear than they are to behold upon the visage of another, that's fo' a fac'.


   There are also individual portraits of everyone else in the vehicle, though I'd rather not go through the hassle of receiving everyone's permissions; those in the backgrounds of my picture are incidental? Also, if I commissioned the photo, that makes me the copyright owner, right? But I didn't commission the extra photographs, so, there's that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment