Tuesday, February 23, 2016

(Just as Fascinating as) The First 89 Times You Said That

   Guardians of the Galaxy is on right now. On DVD, I mean, which means it's on, whenever. I must've seen this movie, well, I can't even estimate how many times, but a loooot. Even just, here, this semester here, this is the fourth or fifth time (depending on what you qualify to be a viewing.) The film came out 2014, two years ago, but we still treat it like it's fresh. It's still rewatchable, apparently, even though you wouldn't think. Like how "I am Groot" actually doesn't wear real thin real fast? That's surprising. How does Guardians stay so fresh?

   I'm going to make a list of what I think it might be, because I can!

  • Great music. 
  • Great humor. 
  • Quotable, too. Both the humor and the, music. Both quotable.
  • The action's pretty good, too. Some of it more memorable than others. Which, hey, increases the novelty factor, of action scenes that tend to be hazier.
  • Complex plot with a lot of characters running around-- the movie's still ultimately understandable if you didn't catch all that any time previous through, but the politics and motivations and everything are all there if you pay attention, so, might as well rewatch it to piece together all that stuff. 
  • Also in, really hard to recognize under all that makeup, but: Karen "Amy Pond" Gillan as Nebula and Lee "Legolas's Dad Thranduil oh and also Ned the Piemaker" Pace as Ronan the Accuser? And Bradley Cooper in that tiny little Rocket Raccoon suit, of course. Vin Diesel isn't actually the one inside the Baby Groot suit, though. That'd be ridiculous.
  • Alright, that was needlessly silly. I'm sorry.

   You know what I should check out? The TV show. I actually like Ultimate Spider-Man, and that Avengers show is alright too I guess... Alright, movie's over now. Well, except for the bit with Howard the Duck. That's still forthcoming.

   ...Alright, it's over. And nobody seems to know who the heck Howard the Duck even is around here. Huh. A theory or two about what he's doing here in the stinger:

  • "He's just, like, another Marvel character. It's like a cameo or something. I don't know if he's gonna be the villain in the next one or what."
  • ...

   Oh, man... I'd pay to see that...

   So I'd been going to post today about maybe the animation workshop today (another extracurricular deal like the Comic Book Workshop except on Tuesdays, and hosted by Madeleine Fisher (the one from CBW who does Precious Metal, which seriously just read already.)) I'm not sure if this was its first week or what, since there weren't many people there and all seemed new-- I know it's my first time, since usually my Tuesday afternoons are for studying and taking my Art 101 quiz at the Testing Center, but this week I managed to get that done earlier. 

   I'd been going to post about that, and I guess I just, did. So there you go. Or maybe post about the research I did before the workshop and the stuff I found out for TTDECBA?, but that seems like something better posted over there of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment