Friday, February 26, 2016

Flesh-and-Blood Von Trapps! Killer Deals! Easy Fun!

   I should go to bed-- I have decided to plasmapherese in the morning tomorrow, which means I need to wake up early, which means... yep. But I figure, as long as I'm making breakfast for myself tomorrow, I still have time to go over the day cursorily.

   The theatre event of tonight was a performance by the von Trapps, who indeed are a family, that sings, though the grandkids of the Von Trapp Family Singers. Sound of Music = a true story; these kids are the great-grandchildren of the Captain and Maria. ("I'm Kurt and I'm incorrigible," in case you were wondering which von Trapp child is their grandfather...)

The one in the top center, yeah.
   The event ended at 9:00, and I could've gone straight home and gone to bed, getting an adequate 8 hours of sleep for waking up at 5:00... but they were signin' things after the show, all four of them writin' their signatures, and it was hardly the first time I stood in a looong line today.

   Indeed, today also marked the "other Black Friday," the Lost and Found sale. Only instead of allowing trampling, they had a line, which stretched down the hall and down the stairs a full flight to start on the floor below. (Wasn't there this thing, where, like, Black Friday is actually the day you're least likely to get trampled shopping, but those are the only instances that make the news so people arrive at the opposite conclusion from reality, or something?) Anyway, I got some stuff from that. A shirt, a 16 gig flashdrive, three notebooks with people's notes already in, rife for the reading...

   That's it for killer deals. Aside from lunch, and those von Trapp CDs I purchased, neither of which were actually that great of a deal but I figure the actual killer deals make up for it. Anyway, my post title also mentions "easy fun" in there...


   That's right, I got myself a library card today! At the municipal library; I've already got my I-Card for the school library.

   First saw the municipal library, yesterday, out of the window of the Walmart shuttle (heading to Walmart while studying for my Art 202 test, because I can? Still no trace of The Stinky Cheese Caper, and, hey, random interlude of ZOOTOPIA WATCH, one week, baby!) I was like, hey, MADISON LIBRARY DISTRICT, maybe I'll check it out, next week! But then, also because I can, I decided to track it down an hour or so later instead. Headed the completely wrong direction, thinking it to be one block over from the road to Walmart, well who should be walking the other way down the street but Jimmy (who couldn't make it to CBW Wednesday because of a choir thing.) And so I ceased my course of action and walked with him to Broulim's instead, because, though it was low down on my list of places to check out, it was still there on the list. And, leaving Broulim's a way that I've never left it before but randomly decided to explore, it turns out that the library is actually a block down from the street Broulim's is on, instead of the Walmart thing. It was in the completely opposite direction I'd been headed, so, thanks, Jimmy!

   After learning yesterday how to get "carded" there, and returning today with some proof of address and some photo ID (my I-Card, because, irony is delicious) I got a card and checked some stuff out! A lot of stuffs, actually. Mostly graphic novels, though, so, a lot of pictures kind of speeds up the reading process...

   Well, I should be wrapping up; my Hamburger Helper is done (I (almost) never buy meat, but randomly our freezer right now is overbursting with the stuff, free for the apartment to use, after some big deal and avenue for collecting free food (I'm not the only one in this apartment with that superpower.))

   Have some von Trapp! Specifically August von Trapp; this is his "Friend," one of the pieces performed this evening (and as a solo as here, as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment