Monday, February 1, 2016

It's a Lovely Stampy Day

   So I needed to print something out for Graphic Design, though I didn't know where the AlphaGraphics is, but the AlphaGraphics was supposed to be across from Jimmy John's, though I didn't know where Jimmy John's is, but it was supposed to be not that far from Deseret Book, which I did know the location of because it's not that far from Gator Jack's, the place where I ordered the 24-inch sandwich on Wednesday I told you about I'm decently sure.

   So long story short I found myself in Deseret Book today.

   And I'm not sure if you know who Stampy Cat is...

   but he's got a children's book now apparently?

   Obviously I had to pick it up. Obviously.

You can see the bookstore bag on the ground there in the background.
   No, but seriously. If you watch nearly as many Minecraft Let's Plays as I do, then at some early point of your exploration of the world of those, when first learning of the epicness that is Stampy, you were probably all, I don't know, "oh, stampylonghead, what's that, some cat who plays Minecraft I guess I'll give it a click" before having your brains dribble out of your ears a few minutes later from your mind being blown so hard. His first YouTube channel was stampylongnose, where he plays FPSs, but he began playing Minecraft as well, and his second channel (he goes by both longnose and longhead, so just call him stampy?) is now the insanely popular one, with almost 7M subscribers as of this writing.

   Such broad appeal, Let's Plays of Minecraft. And I had no idea that the market extends to the children's book demographic, but, apparently, it does?

   And, thus, Stampy's Lovely Book was born? I... just... don't know. I mean, it's great, obviously, but... wait, I thought I'd accepted a long time ago that I'm never going to understand the children's book market. Do... do kids even know what Minecraft is? All right. This is why, the kids' book guys, are in charge of kids' books and not me.

   Regardless of the market...

   Well hey Stampy's got his own book now! Which came out last year, but, it still exists and everything, so the above statement still stands. I for one only heard about it today... which is now yesterday in this time zone, but anyway...

   It's a fun, fun book. It does have a cake recipe in it, thank you for asking. It's also got puzzles, and activities, and quizzes, and trivia, and infographics, and tips on making your own videos (always ask a parent for permission before making a video and uploading to the Internet, and check the minimum age for the site you want to use!), and, and, even a how to draw Stampy tutorial!

Not, um, not bad, right? For a first time...?
Well, I'm proud of it.
   And there are also a lot of friends, and dogs, and googlies, and there's a comic too:

Presented without context, for your delectation.
   It truly is almost like a gigantic milk-powered engine. That's because it is, but... Other rare sentences: get that honey-glazed ham out of my bookmobile and help me gulp this Men Without Hats album; I can't think of a single reason what would trouble orphans so, regarding the recently reincarnated pastry demon materializing in their inflatable swimming pool, I mean cummon it's not like a pasta demon or anything; oh man, I sure am glad that I spent the last five hours dinking around on TV Tropes it was totally worth my time and energy. 

   These rare sentences, they're trickier to write than they look. Well, except for that last one...

   Anyway. Also at Deseret Book: other stuff. I can't remember, though it seemed reaaally significant at the time. There was this: a Good Dinosaur coloring book which I started crying reading. A coloring book of the movie started jerking my tears. It's that powerful.

   Your move, Bing Bong's sacrifice. Your move, Fry's dog's patience. Your move, Bambi's mother's death.

   Your move.

ZOOTOPIA WATCH


   Looks like for whatever reason, The Art of Zootopia is now being published a week later than I'd initially posted. That's alright, though; when I hear that, I hear that there's one full week more of awesome content and graphic design being added onto it, one week more to ensure quality of print and binding. And all the other stuff that's involved in making a book. We get one week's worth more of quality, for the same price.

   At the expense of a week, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment