Saturday, February 20, 2016

Dat Necktie, Yo (Foot Selfies)

   Well, I'm shaky, I'm sweaty, I'm bleeding from apertures I don't remember having earlier, and I can barely see anything right now from the afterimage of having a flashlight shined into my face for twenty straight minutes, but I finally did it: 

   playing photographer AND model AND lighting technician, I took a picture of me wearing that dope new tie...


   ...with my toe.


   Still SD card-less, I couldn't use my camera so I had to use my Kindle, which doesn't have a time delay function. Hmm. So, foot selfies.

   Not.

   as.

   easy.

   as that sounds. And does anyone really think that it sounds that easy?

   Especially with getting the lighting right, when Kindles don't have any real form of flashbulb-ing; more light=clearer picture, in photography, since more light can reach the aperture. It's been a half hour since beginning this post (composing on and off of course,) and my eyes still haven't fully recovered from providing sufficient photographic light for all of my attempts at success.

   Sometimes when I'm searching around for my glasses when I've misplaced them, I grab a flashlight to allow more light into my retinas, so that I can see more clearly, but eye logic doesn't work the same as camera logic... With eyes it's the focus itself that's off, focusing a little in front of or a little behind the, hey I had it right, the fovea. How the frig did I know that word, just off the top of my head like that, sometimes I'm just so surprised at all the crap floating around up in my brain... so, anyway.

   Hey, Facebook is telling me that four years ago today was the day that I "friended" Cailin, and since that was on the first day I had a Facebook, and the day I got a Facebook was the day I got a blog, this blog, and confirming that yes February 20th 2012 was the first post here, I guess hey, anyway, it's this blog's four-year anniversary. 1,461 posts into it, well strike that 1,089 posts of those actually written and published so far, also a few of those only those wimpy post preview versions that I attempted, so, well whatever. I don't know. I only just learned this now, so I hadn't really planned on anything special.

AND HEY THERE'S ALSO THIS
   Zootopia tickets now available on Fandango. Only for a limited number of cities, as yet, but, I don't know. Is it just me, or are the Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Captain America: Civil War posters suspiciously similar? It's almost as though they explore many of the same themes, or something... Also: the Warcraft poster, it's got two horizontally distributed faces on it too, as long as we're stretching as far as we are...

1 comment: