Saturday, September 29, 2012

COLLAPSE: More Spamming

   You know why spamming in forums and comments sections is so annoying? We're not talking about e-mails here, where the obvious answer is, it's clogging up my inbox. But when that's there in a conversation open to the public, the annoyance comes from the fact that the spam is unsolicited. We've grown used to paid advertisements. Endorsements have been around since the gladiators at least. Pay someone to tell people to pay for your product, we're alright.

   Maybe that's what we need. Maybe that's why my message isn't getting through. My message, to tell you to go support COLLAPSE on Kickstarter, is unsolicited. It's just a thing that I'm saying. We should start paying, putting out paid advertisements. That would work.

   Or maybe it's not working because I've done all I can do, and now it's time to need your help. My influence as one person is limited. You've seen me harp on this, you've seen me going through the film making process and post on it, and so you know what this means to me. You know i'm doing what i can. I'm still failing, though, so I need you.

   I'm not sure if Dave is even trying to gather support for this movie. I'm doing the one small thing that I can. Maybe he is getting things done. He might be advertising like I said should happen. Maybe he just doesn't know how Kickstarting works. Maybe he's too busy editing to see that no one's interested in funding. If he is getting things done, I would look like an idiot even contacting him about it, but maybe not. Maybe he needs help with whatever it is he's doing. My hands are tied either way. I'm just as in the dark as anyone else is. Maybe he's okay with funding it with his own money. (Well, he is, and it says so right there on the page, but...) Maybe I'm the one who doesn't know how this works. Maybe 90% of the funding usually is done in the final week before the deadline. Maybe he's got this under control. I sure hope so. Maybe, maybe, maybe. I sure hope so.

   But all I'm doing is talking. I've got ideas, and I don't know what to do with them. I'm relatively new to the business. I don't know how to implement anything. Or maybe I'm just saying that as an excuse not to take action. Whatever action I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment