Monday, September 17, 2012

Cooking?

   There was a note on the fridge this morning as I went to get syrup. My assignment for today (should I decide to accept it) is to make a list of foods I know how to make already and a list of those I want to know how to make, and then make a shopping list. There was something written on it after that, something about going grocery shopping tomorrow, but I forgot the rest, because the paper exploded on me after five seconds. Alright, it didn't, but I was getting that vibe. Here we go:

  • Noodles
  • Like, sandwiches, I guess
  • Soup?
  • Cold cere- cold cereal dang I thought I knew how to cook stuff
  • Hot cereal!
  • Omelettes
  • Chili
  • I guess I can handle stir-fries
  • French fries as well
  • And fish fries. See how easy this is?
   So, we've established that I can boil, and grill, and I guess I can bake as well, just follow the directions on the package. Which is how I'm able to do soup. Not that I can't customize my food preparation; I'm renowned for my ability to season, which is how I'm able to make chili so well. I guess I still can't "cook," but what is cooking other than that stuff I can already do, right? Wrong?Dang, I thought I was more self-reliant. Foods I want to learn how to make? I don't know.
  • Meatloaf
seems to be the only one right now, but I'm sure I can think of others. Later. I'll have that list, and the shopping list. But right now, it's time for the NOC list, if you catch my drift. Right now, I'm gonna go watch myself some Mission: Impossible.

   Light the fuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment