Tuesday, September 18, 2012

List

   Foods I want to know how to make?
  • assorted casseroles, like tuna noodle or some other kind of casserole
   Really that's it. If you can make it to casserole, you can make it anywhere.

   It's hard to come up with a shopping list of foods you need for cooking that isn't already common stuff you know you'll have, like flour or something. Should I add those anyway? I suppose flour should be on the list, but I don't know. A shopping list for stuff to go in recipes you know or want to know how to make (if you don't know how to make it, how do you know the ingredients?) Is it restricted to just cooking foods? Or non-perishables? You can have perishables, right? Mayonnaise is sometimes used in cake recipes for moisture, but it's not like you cook with it. I focused on "base items," from which I can customize meals. So here goes.
  • Sesame-based stuff: sauces, oils, pastes?
  • horseradish
  • Grape Nuts?
  • Bisquick 
  • Potato hash

No comments:

Post a Comment