Thursday, September 6, 2012

Still Have a Cough

   No, this is actually interesting, I swear.

   A lot of my coughing-type throat issues only present a real problem when I'm lying down, which makes the night kind of tough to get through. I find myself doing weird things to get over it, like laughing when I exhale, or singing stream-of-conscious songs with nonsense syllables. Maybe I'll show you what I mean.

   I get short bursts of sleep between short bursts of waking up, because it's hard to breathe. My dreams present themselves in interesting ways because of this. It's hard to put in words. Short, interconnected set pieces, like puzzles I have to solve before I advance onto the next dream. No real plot to them. Just- puzzles. Or a puzzle inside a puzzle. I have to figure out how they fit together. I can only advance when I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment