Friday, September 21, 2012

Jamaica... and Japan?

   A Jamaica sandwich, right? As in, "Jamaica me a sandwich?" People say that, yes? That is indeed a real thing? Alright. "A sandwich, a Jamaica sandwich," my father says, and the alarm clock goes off and I wake up. I sit there, up in bed. "Jamaica sandwich?" I say to myself. "More like, I'm awake-a sandwich!"

   And then I sort of look around to see if anyone heard it, but of course they didn't, for one because there was no one around and for two because I didn't say it out loud.

   I should really be doing PoM rewrite stuff right now, but all week instead of that I've been just poking around on Japanese video game websites. The American version of the site is fine and dandy and even kind of cool, with character bios and downloadable wallpapers, so nothing against that; but when you go to the official Japanese website, it's got all that plus an extensive encyclopedia of the game world with information linking all of the canon together, as well as a store where you can buy all of the many volumes of manga and the behind-the-scenes production diaries and the official hand towels and the sticker books and the key chains, but it's all Japan-exclusive, of course. And you're sitting there, embarrassed, because to you, it was like, tell as many people as you can about this, you know; it might not be too great of a success. When you remember the original game is from Japan, apparently it's a cultural phenomenon over there, and the creators aren't going to starve anytime soon. And, well, alright. Argh.

   I just... does anyone have an address in Japan, that can be shipped to? And from there you can ship it to the states? I'm sure there's websites that can allow that, where you can buy it second-hand, like through eBay or something, but I just... I just really wish I lived in Japan right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment