Saturday, September 22, 2012

   Okay, so I did a little more digging, and yes, sites that export Japan-exclusive stuff to the US do exist. At reasonable prices, too. Except for what I had my eye on, of course. That's prohibitively expensive. Which makes sense, considering the aforementioned popularity of the property over there? That's some super-ultra-deluxe art book stuff, it is, there. As well as the t-shirts and the fanart volumes, but I didn't see those. Other import stuff too, maybe? What we think of as "wasabi" isn't even that. It's just horseradish died green. Urgh.

   Yes, on the side, I also managed to get more writing in. Which is what matters. I'm not sure if it makes up for all of the writing I should have been doing earlier looking at the Japanese stuff, but I managed to connect some new writing stuff and put it in with the old stuff I'm also rewriting, if that counts for anything. If that makes any sense. New scenes, and enhanced character motivation. Really enhances the flavor of the beginning of the book, which is the part that needs the most work because Cailin was obviously the most out-of-practice at that point.

   I'm thinking of adding some new scenes later, but I'm going to have to go over what exactly happens in them with her. She's got such a natural flow for how to set scenes up. It's gorgeous. Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment