Monday, September 10, 2012

Heart Math

   Something... about politics? Maybe just a dream? No? Might be confusing Forest Whitaker with someone else... Okay, never mind.

   I noticed yesterday that my heart was beating like a rabbit's. (People... people say that, right?) I measured my rest heart rate at 120 BPM. If we plug that into W= 100p(H/T) instead of 70 makes 71.1. That's assuming that none of the other parameters have changed, which they have but I'm choosing not to calculate that because it will only prove that I'm the Beast again.

   Funny thing, though. While I was lying in bed and feeling my abnormally high resting heart rate, it halved. You read that right. My base rate dropped from 120 to 60 beats per minute, just like that. Since i was paying attention to it at the time, I could tell that it wasn't some kind of weird my-heart-was-actually-fluttering-twice-per-beat things or anything. My BPM just... dropped. Which makes my number 142.2 instead of 71.1. My BPM drops so my number doubles, is apparently how that works.

   Either way, a much healthier heart rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment