Monday, September 24, 2012

The Problems

   I'm a bit burpy.

   "You okay?" someone asks me.

   "I'm alright. I've just got the 'bups.' BUP."

   And then the alarm clock wakes me up: bupbupbupbupbup. Wow. That happened yesterday, so that makes it so far every other day in which the alarm clock has woken me up into a pun. If that happens to me again tomorrow, that's like a threefer. Looking forward to it.

   We've been having some problems with our computer lately? You turn it on, but it won't boot up. Don't know what's wrong with it. I write this from the laptop. We've got no clue what's wrong with it. A piece of electronics that we actually do might have a clue as to what its problem might be? You know how I said that my external hard drive was crapping out on me? And that it might be a problem with the connection? Right here.


   As you can see, there is a... wire thing... stripped in the.... interface port.... thing. That fourth one there, where it's black when all the others have gold there? That should be gold as well. Whatever that's called. I don't think that's the problem entirely, but it might effect how the hard drive receives external power. The problems started when I tried to plug this USB3 device into an old Windows 98? From what it looks like it didn't receive enough power from that, which has thrown it off ever since. I'm not claiming to be an expert on hardware, but that's exactly it: I'm asking you, could something like that mess up the interface?

No comments:

Post a Comment