Saturday, December 6, 2014

An Announcement on the Furthur State of My Announcements

   For this to be truly a daily blog 114 posts yet remain to be blogged into the past, days I failed to get an entry up while I was away. This being truly daily is, somehow, an important thing for it to be? Being gone from the computer for two years, but forseeing it and thus prescheduling a fairly solid majority of posts, has made it certainly easier if I go along with that; easier to get those posts up retroactively rather than just to ignore this gaping hole. The latter would be easier physically, yes, but mentally... boy.

   I've already put so much effort into that, and the goal is so attainable, I don't think that following through would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater or pearls before swine or good money after bad or, whatever. And let's face it, you're rooting for me to complete this.

   But.

   I don't think I've got any more tricks up my sleeve with rescheduling posts and shuffling around the stuff I already had. That worked surprisingly well, and I knocked a major chunk out, but it's time to move on from that.

   For 114 posts.

   That's 100 days and two weeks. Presents kind of an interesting challenge, doesn't it? But all challenges suggest solutions within themselves, from the mere fact that they're challenges. One hundred days and two weeks? For the hundred days, well, I'm announcing officially the way I'm going to fill those, tomorrow (I've kind of telegraphed myself, though; if you've been paying careful attention with my handwaves of stuff I've been saying I'll explain later you can probably figure it out.) And then there's the two weeks. The remaining two weeks of posts I couldn't get to from on my mission.

   An obvious and fun and kind of nifty idea for that that presents itself would be to fill in those blog entry dates with my mission journal entries of those days. Sounds amazing. There are a few problems with this, however-
  1. It takes a long time to transcribe even one entry's worth of words
  2. I name names, and I'm without permission to use likenesses like that
  3. I make frequent updates on my poops and stuff, and don't want to have to subject you to that
   Those are just the major obstacles; I never said I'm not going to do it. I've got 114 days from which to cherry pick. Maybe I can find two weeks' worth of entries where there's nothing too sensitive or anything... and I can always bold-face tell you whenever I'm censoring anything or anything like that (swathes of censored material would alleviate the problem posed by point one quite nicely...)

   For now, I'm going to check on the logistics of everything, and my official decision will be announced tomorrow alongside my announcement on the 100 days beside.

No comments:

Post a Comment