Monday, December 8, 2014

The 114: Further Developments

   One hundred days, plus two weeks. The hundred posts there will take care of themselves; I announced yesterday that I'd be announcing today what I'd be doing there, but reconsidering I think that it needs space to breathe in its own post. It would have had its own post here had I been going with the "two weeks from my journal" route like I'd been "sure why not"-ing-- were I going that route now, that would have just been a side announcement, confirmation of news already known. No. I've had plans for the hundred other posts for maybe a solid half year (quarter-mission) now, that's not a big issue... So I'll focus today on the 14 added onto the hundred that still need to get done.

 After careful consideration, I've decided not to go the journal route. Too many causal explanations I'd have to make on passing references and things like that, for one. Not to mention that all the more sensitive material would need to be restricted, no words of explanation given (which would be kind of annoying,) and mostly I think censoring my art would take too much of its soul away.

   ...boy, where have I heard that one before...

   Heh. Hem. So no journal entries, not in this venue. Frankly I prefer it this way- less work for me for one; I've transcribed one day from my journal already, did it on the mission to email home- it took a good week, in the downtimes I had.

   Instead? Well, I had been building up a backlog before I left- a whopping 170 posts from which to choose, there. Unposted for a number of reasons- not enough time to clarify all my points and edit them the way they needed to be, for one. (I wish looking back on the posts that did go up, I would have exercised such discretion more freely, but, anyway.) That's just of the usable ones, which are solid enough. Rough around the edges, maybe- I didn't post up being too underedited and thoughts not formed clearly enough, but that's probably still true of most of those 170, much greater than my hole of 126 posts had been. So I did the right thing for the most part.

   I don't need to fill in 126 post days anymore, though (or even 124 post days, counting the doublebooked days as having separate entries.) I only need to fill in 14 days.

   Vastly manageable. I like it.

   A copout? I don't think so. It's what I would have done anyway, lacking only the time for. Same posts and everything. Same two-years-less-wise worldview I had back then. Just polished in the manner I would have polished had I maybe a few hours more, and the motivation. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment