Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas on the Mission

   It's been a great Christmas here, away from home. I guess it was away from home. Huh. Maybe it was because I only just went out, or maybe because my apartmentmates are so great, but it didn't really feel like Christmas away from home. Away from home or not, it just felt like Christmas. Mormon Tabernacle Choir, live and in person. Actual snow. Nativities everywhere. Good tidings of comfort and joy.

   It's been really spiritual, at least. Everything's about the spirit of Christ here. Imaginably. So it was wonderful. Wonderful, there, as opposed to, say, perfect, or anything. I still think it would have been better with more presents. Or any presents, that arrived on time. That would have been great. Presents are awesome.

   It's not like any of the secular ho-ho-ho gift stuff distracts from the spiritual stuff. I don't think it would, at least, but I'm not sure. All I knew this year was the spiritual stuff. I do know that I missed it, the ho-ho-hos, but I don't know. What I do know is without, it didn't really feel all that 100%, definitive, so-this-is-Christmas Christmassy to me. That would have been better with the ho-ho-hos. I don't think one spirit of Christmas would distract from the other one. It could happen. The secular working in harmony with the spiritual, it becoming spiritual itself as it becomes infused with that magic Christmas spirit. The two Christmases working together and becoming one. Here I did feel a lot of the wonder and awe and joy and triumph. But bows and wrappings and stuff would have been good too.

   Oh, well. It's not like I can't go without. Even if I couldn't, I would only have to put up with it one more year. But the point is this:

   The more Christmas, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment