Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hey Okay Today

   My post today had originally been going to be totally different, until I realized that today is the day before Christmas. Don't you hate it in the Sunday funnies, around holidays, when half the strips carry jokes about Mother's Day or whatever, and half of those are just stupid variations on the same joke? I'd been wondering what to do with this, then, but I think it's okay to talk about Christmas a bit, albeit only tangentially-- this isn't the funnies, still, so whatever. Tomorrow being Christmas and all, I figure that's fitting. Considering the theme of backlog- a string I can continue here. You know the Zucchini Story, the string of emails I wrote from my mission intending for postification, and which I put up not long after I got home as a series of backlog posts filling in the days I missed blogging on? Those weren't the only emails like that.

   I did have one more post for the blog written from my mission and sent home as an email, an email about how awesome Christmas is which I'd been wondering up till now what to do with-- see, for months, up until today, I'd been thinking it would be one of the 100 things I learned on my mission, put up as a post of backlog that way. Today however I realized that it's not really in the standard format of my 100 things- and it was sent home as an email, so shouldn't it be one of the Two Weeks? But going just now to put that into implementation, I realized a couple more important things- one, it goes against the soul of the Two Weeks initiative, not being a post at all which I'd planned to preschedule or anything, and so it can't be one of those, thus, two, well, there's not really any spaces in the backlog slots where it would really make that much sense to put it, even as one of the Hundred Things I learned on my mission- if it were a part of the Hundred Things, it would be thing 100, thus the first to get posted (there's going to be big Late Show-style countdowns all the way up till 1; it's going to be great.)

   I thus decided that I'm going to put the email up as just a normal not-backlogged post, tomorrow. The post you see tomorrow? Written two years ago. Merry Christmas.

   And, since I don't really like having posts about nothing but what I'm doing with my blogging, it's time for another video (here's looking at you, Dug from a couple of days ago.)


   This is why I stinking love art. I saw this guy Bouletcorp and was just blown away, and at first was like, welp, anything I do just pales in comparison to that, and so at first I was kind of ashamed of putting up my own measly Christmas card or anything. Until I looked at my own stuff again, and realized it was still adorable, and still well done. ...If I do say so myself... Art is great, in all its forms. Good art is good art, and that transcends styles, genres, or anything... it's really kind of inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment