Monday, December 1, 2014

Apparent Paradoxes of Time Explained

   ...I really should write these things down as they come to me; this is so annoying... it seemed so obvious when it came to me, the exactly perfect followup of yesterday's post... this is just like what happened yesterday as well, with the day before, how that idea had been so perfect and obvious a continuation... only, this time I thought I'd be able to remember...

   Ah, that's it! Okay.

   I was thinking of how it's been a week and a half since my getting out from the mission. One and a half weeks, which passed slowly for me-- but that time did pass, and so it's just as well as if it had passed quickly instead. (Or maybe it did pass quickly, but I'm too proud to admit it...) That being said, getting out does seem like it was a lot longer ago than it actually was- so in that regard it has been a long time. It's only felt short in the interim period, so in that regard it has been a short time. In other words, it's been a long time in mission-leaving years, but a short time in being-home years. Yes, that's it.

   I was thinking of those still back on the mission- how would that be for them, then? Two years is all there is, for them. Come two years, it'll be a sea of strangers and I'll have no investment anymore.  This one and a half weeks gone by, for them that's more than one percent of their mission life, while for me that's such an infinitesimal percentage of the rest of my life that the calculator is returning the equation in scientific notation.

   I think that may have been what I'd been trying to go for without consciously realizing it till too late, in the post of the day before yesterday. How the timeframe suddenly explodes, along with your paradigm on it- which explains at least one aspect of the RM-without-a-cause thing, alongside the sudden lack of purpose. Having something to get done alleviates one half of the problem then to be sure (like all the errands on Saturday,) but the only true workaround for the other problem is internal.

   ...you see this blogging thing? if thinking about a problem, at least just a little bit daily (which builds up ridiculously over time) can help solve it, and blogging daily causes you to think about it, hey, then, I'm all for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment