Tuesday, January 5, 2016

On Starving Artists, Pragmatic Superpowers, and Miscellaneous Technological Issues (Plus Zootopia Watch Trailer Review)

   I am a college student. On top of that, I am an art student. So not only am I poor, I am dirt so. True.

   I've had this gift, though, ever since I was a youth. Maybe it's supernatural; maybe it's just crazy random, um, happenstance, but... food has always found a way to find, me. And I've always been able to smuggle this food, one way or another, on my mission.

   There's a photo from my mission-- I don't have it but Elder Broadhead does-- from where I managed to fit, something like, 27 apples all on my person, from a group meal where, I guess a bunch of apples were left over... I'd grabbed as many as I could and shoved them all into my pockets and even under my tie... mmm apples.

   My being a dirtpoor art student, of course I jump at any opportunity of not having to buy things. There was a new-student social last night with free cookies; there was a lunch today with free lunch for anyone with a new-student wristband. And both times, at the end they said, we have leftover food, come get extra, as much as you want.

   Well. You may have to tell other students twice...

   So my combined total loot from last night:
  • 36 cookies in my pocket(s).
   And my total of leftover lunch taken home today:
  • 10 bags of chips
  • 11 packets of mustard
  • 8 packets of light mayonnaise
  • 8 Subway meat-lettuce-tomato-and-cheese-and-olive-and-pickle sandwiches, one of which is marked to be provolone
  • 11 Rice Krispies Treats, though I ate one before getting home
  • 8 bottles of water, though I drank one before getting home.
all crammed into my sweatshirt used as some sort of a bag.

   Here's all the loot. (The picture doesn't show one of the sandwiches, bags of chips, or packets of mayonnaise either, because I owed my brother lunch after he made up for the extra money needed to eke out to the last dollars of textbook rental.)

And remember, all of this was, at one point or another, on my person. Or, well, the plate's new.
   So um yeah. I'm good without, shopping, for the next little while...

   Also, I tried tinkering with the timezone settings, but changing the settings there retroactively changes the timestamps on all previous posts, which really messes up the dates on all those times I got the posts up after 11:00 pm, or before 1:00 as well if that's ever happened, so it's all one big mess... I'm leaving that alone for now, but if I ever figure out how to change the timezone only on the new posts, that's what I'm going to do...

   And I guess I'm beginning to trust the unsecured wi-fi networks the apartments have a bit more. But I still switch airplane mode on whenever I'm not at the laptop actively needing the internet. It assuages my fears a bit, also, I'm pretty sure keeping the wi-fi on murders the battery, because that's the way it works on my Kindle. It may just be the apps that eat the battery like that, constantly updating in the background because I allow them to, but, yeah, the, security, thing...

ZOOTOPIA WATCH TRAILER REVIEW pt 3
   I wrote a bunch of observations from the trailer in the car, on my AlphaSmart, but I don't have the printer cable currently, in order to load all that juicy wordcount onto the computer. So I'm just gonna give you a, coming soon, on that. Here we are.

   Anyway, something I've noticed: Every time a clock is shown in the trailer, it's somewhere within the 8:00-9:00 range. Is this real time? Is at least some part of the film in real time? 48 hours contains within it 4 8:00s ...

   This isn't anything new, but going frame-by-frame ultra slo-mo really makes you notice new details, especially in the sloth scenes since those are, even at a normal frame rate, ultra slo-mo. We've seen before the details on character's shirts, such as the skull insignia on the shirt of the dude in the background also appearing as urban art stuck onto the pole of the original poster. What is new, however, is the kitty (?) on the sow's shirt here (is "sow" PC?):


   Speaking of the DMV scene, Andrew Millstein talks about changing the DMV scene around in an interview on the filmmaking process and how Zootopia fits into the WDAS legacy.
http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2015/12/31/how-zootopia-fits-into-the-disney-legacy-according-to-the-animation-studio-president/

No comments:

Post a Comment