Thursday, September 29, 2016

FeCl3

Connie at the Poison Control Center is super nice. I'm sure they all are, but I didn't talk to 'em all, now did I? Anyway you should definitely call those guys if you accidentally swallow some bad stuff, or anything like that. 1-800-222-1222, how easy to remember is that?

So good news, ferric chloride on the skin isn't going to poison you, (though it, being a powerful acid, is of course going to burn...) Flushing the skin for 15 minutes like they say to do really works.

Everything's fine. Just made that call to be sure, you know? Making sure that you can't absorb acids into your bloodstream through your cuticles. I'd hate to die over something as silly as submerging both arms deliberately into a highly corrosive chemical bath... Wasn't even that big of an event in the day, really, just gave me something to blog about, as well as an excuse for not needing to write too much. Yay.

I did manage to save the plate, though! We'll see how it prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment