Thursday, September 15, 2016

Photography, Finishing Signing Up for Classes


Oh man, je suis tout raplapla maintenant, and I know neither the French word for pigeon nor its dove, though I could take a stab at pigeon being pigeon. Maybe.

So yeah it's a good thing that... hold on, what was I about to say. Good thing I explained the situation to you already, probably is what, so let me update you on that. Yesterday I said that the religion section that opened up took place same time, conveniently, as the one I was only waitlisted for; this turns out to be untrue. The Wednesday meeting that I just took to be a totally randomly scheduled makeup-of-the-first-day class was, actually, the first class, with this new section's schedule being on Wednesdays normally. I just signed up for the class without looking, and the class it made me drop because it took place at the same time as this new class wasn't actually the old section like I'd thought at the time, but my graphic design class. I can be just so neurotypical sometimes. 

So yesterday, I attended Graphic Design without technically being signed up for it, because I'd had it dropped by that point.

I noticed the error today. I dropped that religion class, signed back up onto Graphic Design, and got myself back onto the waitlist of the original class I'd been hoping to get into. Then, realizing that I didn't need the class with the exactly two-hour gap between it and the preceding class, (which wasn't enough time to do any big things like I said or very many little things for that matter,) I changed the class I was waitlisted to to a 3:15 class, which doubled the time I had in between classes, much better. Plus the waitlist for that section was shorter by one person.

Which left me with a bit of time until my next class. I checked out a DSLR camera from the library, which I can do being in Graphic Design class (you need special permission in order to check out the cameras apparently) which I was (and am) in again, like I'd thought I'd been. It's got adjustable shutter speed and aperture settings, which is great. I can even take decent photos of the moon, without having it look like the sun.


With the new section opened up in the religion class, no other sections are allowed to overfill their capacity- meaning, if you're on the waitlist, you can't be added to the course itself without people dropping in front of you. Fortunately, that happened this afternoon, so I'm off the waitlist and officially into the Everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ course.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like evening is getting itself worked out. I'm so glad. I live you picture of the moon. That is one thing I wish my digital camera could do. Enjoy all your classes!

    ReplyDelete