Thursday, September 1, 2016

I Need a Spidey-Sense

Came in first place in the Marvel Puzzle Quest event. Do you want to know what I won? powerful characters and crap that make you want to play more. I ain't bitter at all.

I've got no idea how I'm going to survive next year. The official Spider-Man: Homecoming poster is going to come out sooner or later, and I won't be able to walk past the cinemas without espying something I shouldn't, like whether Web-head's going to put on his costume and/or fight crime at all during the movie. 'Cos, you know. If that's in the movie, it'll be on the poster. Will the film star Tom Holland? I can't know.

But casting information is beginning to come in, and I can't avoid it. I guess I can live with knowing the terrible secrets that I do, namely, that the film's going to have people in it. Or at least actors, I don't know. Maybe the film's going to star talking dogs? (Because seriously, Wes Anderson needs to get on that crap; I can't be waiting till 2018 till that movie comes out...)

...Man I actually really want to go see 9 Lives now; looks super cute... it's all the Felidae, it'll do that to you...

I guess it wasn't much of a spoiler at all knowing the characters who were all in Zootopia, though. Flash and Bellwether and Clawhauser and Bogo and Otterton and Yax and, all of 'em all. Still doesn't explain what roles they played in the story, just knowing that they exist... Weaselton, Weaselton especially. Finnick, too. It was all the tie-in Golden Books and everything that explained that.

Still, this feels different. Spider-Man isn't an original property, filmwise; if, say, Kraven the Hunter's going to be in the movie, then I'll have a pretty solid understanding of what to expect, and I don't want any understanding of what to expect. I can live with the two Moana posters that came out, because they're both pretty vague still, and, again, original property, and anyway that movie's coming out in a few short months. Going a year scrupulously avoiding any posters for a super hero movie? I just don't know.

I guess I can't avoid everything. It'd be nice; maybe I can even rig up some kind of firewall against Spider-Man spoilers on the, ahem, web; ctrl+F the page before I even access it and if it finds any references to the upcoming film it simply just doesn't allow me to proceed. It'd be restrictive, but that's the point...

No I don't think it's too extreme a measure at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment