Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Rad Dream

I'm an actor, apparently. Kind of Alden Ehrenreich-like. I'm taking on a new role, actually I'd never even heard the casting rumor till I was browsing a tumblr about upcoming films and tv shows, spoiler stuff in general and casting rumors, where it mentioned me my role in the upcoming, thing, in a couple of days, but also said I was rumored to be shooting the other thing in 3 days?! So, yeah. News to me. I dispel the rumor to my conversation partner chatting in church.

I'm playing a video game on-- I guess it's an iPhone turned sideways, like the tracker in Leverage as we saw in the clip...



That device is an iPhone on its side, apparently, in some kind of cradle which looking at it is probably actually non-functional. As seen in the gag real for Season 5, here, at 2:42? It's just so obvious in retrospect... So that, that tracker, is what I'm using to play some new Smash Bros game, and I guess it's, my character or whatever, I'm playing as. (There's a sub-select character screen where you can choose which of your guy's weapons he'll have, with (for my character) the bow or the crossbow or nothing (meaning just the sword, my character's normal standard weapon (which I guess he'd still have with the bow but maybe not? It certainly would explain what happens next...))

I'm trying to figure out how to Smash attack, and trying to figure out the equivalent of my a button- I've got the b button, so I can crossbow all I want, but this weird iPhone on its side, shoulder buttons are pretty obvious but what the heck's up with the others, I mean where the buttons is at? The level I'm playing, by the way, is Hyrule Castle from Smash 1, I do not remember my opponent. Ganondorf?

Then we're this, jewish? singing? group in white tuxes- I'm playing this in a hall in some building, and they're there- like one of the halls outside the side aisle to an auditorium, so they must be performing here. They're this rap group, specifically. Sitting down just on the ground, leaning against the walls.

Or maybe in chairs. There's this girl in this chair next to me at some point; she's upgrading the iPhone, she scans the area with the camera to gather her contact infos (and I guess the place she refers to as the airplane, like we're all passengers, but this is just from her point of view, the way that certain places can "play" other places in dreams; either that or it's some technically jargon I don't catch.) The camera has facial recognition, but she finds herself occasionally having to go in and make corrections.

Finally it's performance time. They'd bought elaborate costumes for the rap- motorcycle helmets and suits, and pirate gear. All white, of course, as is their typical outfitting. The performance is pretty short, a few songs, an encore at the end consisting of a rap of only a few lines, and then they have to fence the equipment- if even one item they'd bought they're caught with, they'll be found out, and be in trouble. This is explained to me in the parking lot and trekking across the apartment complex, how they can't be caught, as we're heading to fence the stuff/ To the pawnshop!

Only there are cops in their cop car, (and this part, though probably outside in reality (driving in cars and everything of course) is represented by an indoor environment, through the process explained earlier) cops parked in their cop convertible, guarding the entrance. We have to grift one by one past them- they're blockading against the rappers. get them to look the other way or distract the generally while a car goes down the road to the pawnshop, or else convince them we've got business down that way at least. The road that way is represented by a large oak double-door, and the building's interior is pretty plush, in carpeting, and the walls are wood-lined, really classy.

I go down the other road (a side door) while the other car goes through the normal door, cut in front of them and turn, like I happen to be just some other traffic. And I drive through the halls, and cut to the path to the pawn shop.

At some point I must get out of the car, explore this room- it's like a big courtroom I GUESS, with steps, and (and for a second I begin to panic, trying to escape the room, for if you spend too long exploring in a dream, you forget your objective and the dream becomes about that.) But I find my way out, and explore a bit more my way to the pawn shop entrance place, a room above the other room, a balcony apparently or mezzanine to that room- the group is there but I see a couple of people entering through the door, and hide figuring it must be the cops- swing over the balcony, and under the railings peeking up, get complained at/called out for doing do, but it's not the cops.

The group is mostly clustered around the entrance, sparse little groups, apparently having finished pawning- some even have bought goodies of their own they found there.

There's this one smallish paper cardboard card, 1950s spinning chad thing, like a decoder with a window, sitting there, that really calls out to me- ERIC it says, and it turns out it's some kind of fortune telling device. Is it really? It knew my name, it must call out to me literally... but it's just a coincidence, just named that, and the way it tells its fortune is a sort of a game- getting caught at various situations, imagine how different people you know would respond to you.

This is great, I think, I could blog about this, and c.f. the "caught you naked" helps in Zootopia Crime Files with it. Which I guess I've been meaning to tell you about- on ZOMGoodness at least, when (when!) that becomes a real thing, how all the helps all have different expressions (and I guess I should get a screengrab to illustrate this) which I like to imagine all represent those characters and the faces that they'd make if they accidentally walked in on you naked.


Same thing here: different fortunes, interpreted the way you would because that's the way that you see the characters (real-life friends in the case of ERIC) reacting to you in different situations.

I continue toward the entrance with it but it turns out it's Sarah's. I give it back, get a text from 319, which recent events confirmed to be Sarah's cell phone number- text about it, as long as I get a photo of it (for the blog) I'm fine (which is what she's planned on doing.) She must be on an Eric kick, she tells me face-to-face (and we're at a place of bookshelves, just barely penetrated into the pawn shop) she opens her coat and reveals her t-shirt, her karma suit-a, Eric the (ghost?) ... You know, the character. Eric the ghost. On all the t-shirts these days...

The pawn shop deeper in turns out to be an outdoor area, like a humongous yard sale, items on folded-out tables. And, no way, I see one of those t-rex dolls from the Jurassic park movie, the scene with the power out and all the merch that will never be sold but we can still salvage the ice cream and talk about dreams and petticoat lane. I scrounge it out of the box it's in with a couple other items- it's kind of dirty, and cobwebby, but I clean those off pretty well, a bit of stuffing poking out in wispy tendrils but I repair that. there's embroidery- from Jurassic park, 2001- so it's from JP3 then? when was that made? But no it looks like it's from the original film- maybe it's even the same one as Laura Dern handled in the film (or was that a brachi-?)

You know the scene, she's arriving at the place alive after trekking through the jungle, right after Hammond told Malcolm, "I'll never smile again," and turns around to see Ellie alive, ridiculously clutching a plush dinosaur, and he breaks out into a huge grin and tells Malcolm, "I was wrong," and runs to embrace her.

Must get the dinosaur authenticated. Fabric patterns are basically unique, right, and you can compare against the screenshots from the movie. How did you get here? The fabric is still as vivid as it was in the movie.

But the sun's out, and it might bleach.

I hold in both my arms, and Elder Gochberg I guess and ?? are there and ?? tells me, man I was just telling Elder Gochberg I'll never smile again, and then I saw you there with the dinosaur and he said, you were wrong. Wow, I say, you had a Jurassic Park moment, where you were Richard Attenborough and you were Ian Malcolm... and then I realize what I did and explain it, I referred to you by the actor's name and you by the... character's name. John Hammond and... Jeff Goldblum... then. And I realize, oh my goodness, you basically are!

Because they basically are.

And I guess all through this my neck is smarting so I figure it must be sunburn, sorry it's from the shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment