Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Guess I'm Pretty Much Done

So once I finish off my religion class stuff I'll be done with the semester? Finishing off the Outlet reflection module was kind of insane; I turned in the file on time apparently, 2:00 due time (which usually means it ends at 2:00 so have it in by then) and 1:59 is the time it reported I sent in the file, but... this file was, 123 pages I think, it took a looong time to export the InDesign document to a PDF, and a good little bit of time there to upload the PDF... the file was still compiling, by the timepiece I had, when 2:00 came and went, but I don't know, I guess it must be fast, or the internet clock slow, or a combination of both? So it was a knuckle-biter there, but, I did get it submitted on time! Somehow...

I don't think I've officially lost my cool since Thanksgiving of three years ago, now, but big files taking a while to compile, when I'm under last-minute deadline, that's kind of... exciting. Emotionally. I noticed this, that I was getting frustrated, the last time I tried to upload a huge file last-minute (which would be, the Graphic Design project before this, the PSA poster one) and so now I'm much chiller at these last-moment compile-and-uploads (I did not, in fact, submit the PSA poster project "on time,") because really freaking out helps nothing at all, and impresses nobody, while keeping a cool head in the face of an eleventh-hour deadline scrabble impresses pants right off of legs.

How the heck has David Yates directed two things this year? Fantastic Beasts and Legend of Tarzan, both. I'm not really interested in the former, or the new Star Wars thing or anything (these are inevitable to be seen anyway, so why rush?) (the remaining films this year that I want to see are: Fences, Sing, La La Land, and that's it.) But Legend of Tarzan! Saw that today. It takes place in 1889, I think, but in the books that's the year Tarzan was born? Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment