Thursday, December 15, 2016

BLT Eggy A: We Are All On Drugs

Went shopping for lit threads today. Grandma and Grandpa supplied money, like they do every year, so that we can get ourselves our own clothes instead of being gifted them all boring-like Christmas morn day-of. The Thursday Clothing Outlet, where I got the flyest of the duds last time I went clothing shopping, disappointed this time, but the D.I. didn't. Alright, it was kind of disappointing that not every shirt that looked good, looked good on me (mediums tend to be too big and smalls tend to be too little, what can I say...) but as for finding, like, anything that looked good and fit well and was reasonably priced, or anything, it did not do the disappointment.

Really though the reason I'm mentioning this, is because there was a second-hand DVD of Baby Looney Tunes' Egg-straordinary Adventure, one of the very films whose packaging I reviewed in Gallos Humor, and I knew I just had to get it, and watch it, an Easter movie at Christmastime. So that is what I did.

I know what it's like to be stoned now.

It wasn't terrible or anything, but it was Baby Looney Tunes' Egg-straordinary Adventure. So basically exactly the quality you'd expect (and I just now realized typing this that there's a difference between Baby Looney Tunes and the Muppet Babies) but even trippier. (Do the Muppet Babies wear diapers? Because the baby Looney Tunes go around nekkers, which was really "concerning" in the case of Lola "Invented-for-Space-Jam-Just-to-Sex-Things-Up" Bunny. Who is apparently a canonical Muppet Baby, I mean, Baby Looney Tune.)

I have, no hyperbole, zero clue what is or is not appropriate for children. Well, I mean, I do have clue, but, only that. Which is pretty fun; watching children's programming, figuring that nothing is kosher for kids to see, everything seems subversive. Everything. I'm really too tired to go into specifics, on, what was so trippy or what was so subversive-seeming, so I'll just say, everything.

So, fun fact! Rob Paulsen (yes! that Rob Paulsen!) was apparently one of the performers, on the three original songs that are in the movie? so that's pretty great, but I recognized none of the other attached names in the credits; they could be Looney Tunes regulars, I don't know.

Out of the more-than-one things I've got to complete by 10:00 tomorrow for religion class, anyway, I've completed already, a thing. Yay. There's white-glove clean checks tomorrow, so I'll also need to do that, but tomorrow is no longer the day we'll be heading home, apparently, so. I don't have to worry about doing the rest of my assignments in the car and hoping we'll make it home in time for wi-fi to be able to send it off. (Did the math though- 8 hour 40-something minute drive, round that up to 9 hours, add an extra hour for pit stops and everything, to be on the safe side; were we to leave tomorrow like the plan had been, we'd need to leave by noon, or else book it, in order to arrive by 9:00-pacific-time, 10:00 mountain-daylight and thus submit my files on time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment