Thursday, December 29, 2016

Letters from the Front Lines of a Seafall Binge (No Spoilers)

I'm still behind in Seafall campaign-wise, and Alex remains ahead, but it really is all evening out, the campaign rewards are meticulously balanced and the gaps between all players are diminishing more and more. I came this close to winning this afternoon's game, too, but Andrew beat me (Alex came in dead last this time.) I'm not sure if we're playing one more time tonight (we're 9 games through a game with a 15-game campaign average;) I'm pretty tired right now. but Seafall usually can keep me up in spite of that. We'll see?

It looks right now like Ryan and I will be headed back to college on Monday, which leaves us with 3 or 4 days left to get in 6ish more games. We've been aiming for a 2-game-a-day average anyway, and there was just the one today like I said, so maybe there will be another game in tonight; I suppose I could just ask. Thinking about playing again tonight is waking me up a bit. It's 11:15 at night, though, and the sleep schedule is taking its toll. Probably get in a few solid games tomorrow, maybe even three, but either way I guess there'll be time to sleep in the car on Monday?

Thinking back, besides a round of Richard Garfield's Treasure Hunters, Seafall is the only board game I've played all day. Mostly just watched some movies, and went to the dentist, and went out for some tennis. I haven't been playing as many games this break as much as some others in my family, but today is kind of a divot even for me. That's about as much as I have to say, or at least as much as I can say; not being able to talk about the spoilery stuff at the end drives me nuts sometimes. Not as much right now because I'm so worn out, but, like the close game with Ryan tying with me, that came about through some dang crazy circumstances, which thou shalt not get to know. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment