Friday, December 16, 2016

Okay, Seriously, Last Day of School, for Real This Time, I Promise

To reward you for being such a good boy, I'm writing this post in Verdana. Left justified Verdana.

I saw a self-published book today set in a left-aligned sans-serif and it was weird. 

Do self-publishers even care about at least appearing professional? Not that I'm in any position to throw stones, or, shade (wait am I the glass house itself or am I the one living in it?) but seriously the next time you pick up a self-published book, notice how weird the paper is. Too heavyweight. Too bright. The paper on the cover, too, usually. Way too thick. And sometimes it's textured funny, like, way too matte or whatever? Not to mention the fact that 9 times out of 10, the cover design itself is an assault on decency.

All of this communicates before you even start reading. 

Everything communicates.

I really don't want to have to write anything right now. Did enough of that getting my religion homework, and all the extra credit that was also due, in on time. A lot of extra credit. Hopefully it'll affect my grade. Bump me up a bunch. Maybe I'll even get a B. 

Really though I have no idea what my grades'll be like this semester. Wasn't my best, I know that much.

With that last bit of stuff turned in (and it wasn't as close a call as with my graphic design final but it was far more pulse-pounding,) now I'm done for the semester. And, hopefully, forever? 'Cause, you know, maybe none of my classes from here on out will have homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment