Monday, December 12, 2016

The Last Few Assignments and Pell Grant Stuff

Finished with printmaking class. There were 5 final prints due, and I managed to crank out 3 of them before running out of paper?

Final grade there looks to be a, I don't know, B-minus-ish. C+ is my current religion class grade, hence the extra credit I'm fixing to do. I don't know what my graphic design grade is, but I'm pretty sure it's also around B-.

C average (3.0 GPA) is needed for a Pell grant, I'm pretty sure, but it looks like from school to school there are sometimes more stringent requirements. I saw the specific BYU-I requirements somewhere once, but couldn't find them looking for them today, or just now for that matter. But that sounds about right. (C- or better is the requirement for classes as prerequisite for other classes.) I read somewhere as well, I think the same .edu where I read the grade requirements, that even if your grade does slip below that there's some kind of grace period warning semester where they still pay you but you better get your act together quick? I'm certainly not going to need one of those, though this semester has apparently been far from straight A's (my grades this semester are news to me; I haven't been checking really, all right?) but I'm still kind of concerned about when the heck my grant money's gonna come in, because tuition for next semester is due the end of this month, and it hasn't come in yet...

Tomorrow is a two-page paper due for Art Readings class, but the class itself is just going to be a party (not even in the normal room, because that's just a big lecture hall where you're not really allowed to eat- it's going to be in the ceramics studio, because Brother Keller also teaches that (he also was the speaker for the final art seminar last Thursday, I neglected to mention.)) So I just need to finish writing that paper, then I'm done there.

The Outlet project processbook, turns out really is due on Wednesday instead of having been due today. There was a mistake in ILearn, which was fixed in time. I didn't get much of a chance to work on the module before the ersatz due period, this morning, because I was so busy printing stuff; I did work on it for hours this afternoon. And there will be time on Wednesday as well, (not to mention tomorrow, but there's other stuff tomorrow too,) because like I said we're done with print class.

No comments:

Post a Comment