Thursday, October 26, 2017

<$350

So AWU (pronounced "Awoo!" of course) is this weekend, down in Salt Lake City? It's, Anthro Week Utah, is what the letters stand for, and it's one of the newer cons, meaning, this is the first AWU ever. 

And frick man I want to go so badly.

https://anthroweekendutah.org/about-us/
It's a three and a half hour drive, which isn't too bad, and it's only $45 for a full two-day pass, which is great, and even if I'd buy things that's still, round-trip, less than the "awoo" penalty; but I wouldn't have anywhere to stay and I'd need a ride in the first place, and by this point it's like, whatever, maybe if I'd heard about it sooner. Maybe one of these days I'll actually get to attend a furry convention, ever. Is what it's like.

I checked for any near or in Alaska next summer, but VancouFur is in spring, and if there are any furry conventions within Alaska itself, there aren't any scheduled for next year, or at least not yet. Like the Alaska thing is even settled.

(Going on an art tour is an either/or thing with an internship being the alternative, and maybe there'd be an internship up in Alaska as well; I'd just figured that since I'm not even going into graphic design anyway-- even though I chose that as my degree-- because I'm an idiot-- an art tour would be a lot easier and more in line with, not graphic design.) I... I think that you can graduate before you officially begin your internship... as long as it's lined up?

YARGLE ARGLE BLARGLE FARGLE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment