Monday, October 16, 2017

Rankin' Bass (and the Other Instruments Too)

Saw a three-legged dog today. Those are pretty rare. Not as rare as like a three-legged person or anything, but still pretty rare...

It was the back left leg if you must know.

In the yard in the house next to the, garage sale. Grabbed a handful of books, and I was good for them, but they said just to take them. Guess the sale part is over.

Didn't tell you about the garage sale in the first place- it was Friday the 6th, that whole day with all the stuff I didn't tell you about, with Cry Cry Cry and the chili cook-off and everything, having a sore throat but not quite yet being in the thick of sickness? Sort of on the way to Albertson's, but down the way a bit. There'd been signs for it, and I got some good stuff on the way back after groceries (swinging by before shopping to check it out, shopping and getting cash back, and swinging by again coming back.) Swung by on the way back from Albertsons again today.

Which makes the dog like the snake come to think of it. Which I also didn't tell you about.

So speaking of Cry Cry Cry, I'm considering doing this thing (and already started composition on the basic bones of the order of everything) making a list of my favorite Wolf Parade songs, all their songs ranked in order, like how Alex has the list of t.ø.p. songs on his blog. I'm really not a big fan of At Mount Zoomer though; it's not like I like all their songs. (I keep thinking, At Mount Zoomer has Dinner Bells though, that's a pretty good song, but nope Dinner Bells is actually from Apologies to the Queen Mary and just feels like it would fit on At Mount Zoomer for some reason. Call It a Ritual and Language City, those are good ones from At Mount Zoomer, but compared to how good their other albums are I'm kind of let down anyway. It's their most popular album individual tracks downloaded-wise, according to the iTunes list of their most popular tracks, so maybe it's just me.) That list would thus be kinda tough to compile anyway.

Maybe making a list of all my favorite U2 songs in order would be more appropriate. Their having been around since the 70s, though, and having approximately a grajillion deep cuts and b-sides, kind of makes that task even more daunting than the Wolf Parade thing. One of the books from the garage not-sale was about the stories behind each U2 song up till Pop, so that's useful, and I've already started an Excel sheet of that too. 

Songs of Experience is coming out this December, so maybe I should hold off on that list till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment