Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Moti(vati)on of the Ocean

I just, lack motivation to do absolutely anything right now. Things I should do: fill out that job application, fill out next semester's housing contract. Maybe in the morning. Wish I were motivated to sleep though, even.

Got in contact with Ocean Quigley on Thursday. He's an artist; does concept art for video games. You know the Sims? He did that. 



There was this painting, and it was like, on the TV Tropes forums, what video game is this? but it was just a side project he was doing while he was doing the Sims, he says. 

But speaking of the You Know That Show? forum, I've got another thing I can't remember the name of, which maybe somebody might have more information about before I try taking it to them.

Computer game, art program. Orly’s Draw a Story-era, possibly from the same developer (Broderbund) but I can't find anything like it on a list of software they produced. If it was Kid Pix it would have to be like some way obscure rerelease or something.

The mascot was this funky blue dude who looked almost cubist. Took place in like his house or something? There was this font you could use which looked like Jokerman at first glance but if you looked closer it turned out that the letters had that little guy hidden somewhere in each letterform.

No comments:

Post a Comment