Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Past Present and Future Each

1
"Arks, Bards, and Horseshoes, Yordles and Blue Moons, Premiere Pro and Dovetails, and Wonderful x2." Probably the best title I've ever come up with, and I'm trying to follow-up on that somehow? (GET IT? Because LUCKY CHARMS.) So I'm holding off on telling you about the chili cook-off or anything, because I still haven't thought up a good name for the whole thing; thinking of some other jingle but nothing's really fitting. Also hardly matters anymore, the events occurring that day being ultimately so trivial, but still, the name thing.

Yesterday's post I'd just called, Ranked Songs, at first, but then looking at tor.com a few minutes later and seeing if the next chapters of Oathbreaker were in yet (it being Tuesday already,) there was an article about artwork inspired by the Hobbit, and that included the Rankin-Bass animated production. And it was all, hey wait a minute. I immediately went back in, de-published the post, and re-published it under its new name, because awesomely punned titles are Serious Business. There's this whole, process, of trying to combine elements within the post, seeing if anything works together and maybe linking to some third thing. Creative process and everything. Sometimes coming up with a good post name is the hardest part of writing these.

2
Cast and crew of TONY BOI had a meeting this evening, getting a feel for one another, doing a readthrough of the script. There'll be some shooting this weekend, me and the title character together. What's really important, though, is that I got to take a whole box of doughnuts home. All right.

3
O/h. I've got exactly one month till the deadline. Still looking for a web host- I'd mentioned using a Wordpress plugin, before, but looking at the pricing options now it'd cost $300 a year to have a plan offering all the features I'd need, which isn't much in the scheme of things but is kind of daunting when I'm not sure if I'm going to land the latest job I've applied for, and especially if I'm not even sure Wordpress would be the best platform.

I'd been afraid of not being ready, and I'm still not, not by a long shot, but I had a major breakthrough in the story today that's breathtaking and heartbreaking and oh man I'm itching to begin so badly, so things balance out.

No comments:

Post a Comment