Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Step Story

It's best to take walks throughout the day. My Fitbit reminds me when it's time, and sometimes I'm preemptive on it, getting in 250 steps before ten-'til when it would otherwise buzz me and remind me to get in my steps for the hour. It kind of reminds me of Nightblood, begging to destroy evil. Kind of.

This evening, having gotten in less than half of my recommended 10,000 steps a day, and realizing it'll take at least another day to finish editing my vlog (I'm discovering the shape of it in the process,) I decided to go to the movies. Tickets are cheap on Tuesdays, and it's a 5,000-step round trip between the apartment and Fat Cats 6. And I hadn't seen a movie in practically three days.

So I stepped out, not certain what I was going to go see. Maybe Flatliners (it's not supposed to be that good but I've decided that I can't trust critics,*) though I didn't really want to see that (just because I don't trust critics doesn't mean that I feel like watching every movie that's supposed to be bad.) It had been the film that I'd looked up the time for, and Ellen Page really is a treasure,** but the more I walked the more dissatisfied I grew with the choice.

If only there were some kind of, Zootopia-like, movie out right now...

Oh. Right.

I went to go see My Little Pony again and it was even better the second time and it got out at 11:35 which left barely enough time to get in the remainder of my steps for the day but I was too slow and I failed. Teh'nd.

And they act like failure allows you to learn but they never tell you that even after you fail and learn you could still very well wind up failing, and for often no reason. Jerks.




*I mean Rainbow Bright and the Star Stealer has a 0% rating on rotten tomatoes and that's basically one of the greatest films of all time. I don't know why critics didn't like it, but I'd imagine it's for the same reason I imagine they pretended not to care for the My Little Pony movie: they're afraid of being emotionally vulnerable in front of the other critics.

**She's not Nicolas Cage or anything, but I can totally imagine her holding her own in a hypothetical road trip movie opposite the Dame Helen Mirren.

No comments:

Post a Comment