Friday, October 20, 2017

My, um, Little, um, Review?? Seriously I'd meant it to be bigger, but have to go soon, and so, man I did not even want to make that pun...

The My Little Pony movie finally opened at Fatcats today (film releases being what they are, opening in a certain number of cinemas and expanding that or retracting that based on regional demand and success so far and all those factors.) It was soo good. Didn't really get good till about 15 minutes in, when the villains showed up and bein' all grr arrgh we're villainous, but the ending was everything it needed to be, and got surprisingly, twisty or whatever there. Low points in that film=super low. Not the best movie I've seen all year, but it deserves at least twice its metacritic metascore of 39. I've got like, just no idea why people have such crap taste in films.

The color palette was pretty weird, everything was pastel and everything but for some reason not as bright as it should have been, not much value contrast making everything seem sort of muddy gray. Up till the villains arrive, once again; they inject some nice darks in there and provide some adequate contrast. Maybe it was just the screen I was watching it on?

I had one more thing to say, but it slips my mind now. Maybe it had to do with how Sia songs always make me cry...

You know what other new movie has a 6.5 on IMDb? Geostorm. Gonna go see that now. Would have caught it today already, but the showtimes didn't line up for me to be able to do a back-to-back the way I did catching Huntsman: Winter's War off of watching Zootopia for the 13th time, so I just had to go (artist workshops on Fridays, they covered effects animation today.) Huntsman: Winter's War is a really good movie with an even lower IMDb score than 6.5 and metascore than 39, so I'm not worried that Geostorm is going to suck because it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment