Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A Bit About Sellouting

   Do you believe it's possible to be a sellout? A topic that merits considerable consideration. What is this "selling out," and to what degree is it a good or a bad thing? I think about the role of the artist a lot, but the only reason I'm bringing it up here is because I came this close (holds up thumb and forefinger two to three inches apart) to posting up something today based on, based on what I perceive the blog web-hit trends to be, and what kinds of posts seem to generate the most views. Until I realized that I don't have any such material prepared of any of the latest clickbait (Zootopia trailer screenshots, Jor-El-related shenanigans, cat piracy...) And also, yeah, that'd kinda be selling out, to do that...

   As much as I do enjoy posting up pictures of pirate kitties that I found on DeviantArt. (Which the hit log says is actually suuuper popular series, generating this month a great many hits (but really who can blame them?)) If I post up pictures of pirate kitties it's on my own terms, internet. Besides, we're, not going with Cap'n Patches for the Comic Book workshop, it's been decided...

   (One day, Patches...)

   I suppose that's what selling out is: doing something because other people want it, and not you. Like how it's okay to be girly as long as it's your own choice, and if you try to touch that, feminists, you're doing your own cause a disservice? So let it be with sellouts: if you're the one who wants something, it's not selling out just because other people also happen to want it. Your motivation is your own and not others'.

   I've studied waaay too much neuropsychology during my off hours, though, to think that there's actually much of a difference...

   Also, what the heck do I want views for; I don't want people reading this blog it's super embarrassing...!

   [Here's the part where I'd link to a YouTube video with embarrassing subject matter, just to "prove" how unembarrassing my blogging actually is, but... I just realized, I don't know what embarrassing is, anymore...]

No comments:

Post a Comment