Monday, January 4, 2016

Day 1: College Stuffs? (Plus Zootopia Watch of course)

   I need to update the clock for Mountain time; yesterday's post went up not at 10:54 but 11:54, which maybe I shouldn't be admitting to... we went to bed around 1:30 last night; 1:22 at the earliest since I've got a file saved dating from that time... It's 11:35 as I write this... Classes don't start until Wednesday; we had a sort of, what, orientation, today, new students did, and, BYU-I's art program looks genuinely exciting. (The animation department here is virtually nonexistent, though Provo's is one of the most prestigious in the country-- most likely it's because they (the Church?) only needs one top-tier animation program, which makes sense?) Classes here are smaller than at Provo, which is supposed to make it a better learning environment to the point that BYU-I has one of the best art departments in the country to learn at. Makes sense?

   There's also, on top of academic scholarships, in the art department a portfolio-based scholarship... I'm only eligible for it once I actually have one of those, so it won't be until my third semester at the earliest that I'll be able to apply, but, ohh, so good.

   I'm afraid of having my wi-fi on for too long at a time here-- I'm not sure I trust it; this must be one of the only apartment complexes around here with unsecured wi-fi. I really don't know as much about computers as they say I do, maybe I'm coming across like one of the little old ladies/gentlemen I've had so much experience setting straight about computers and network stuff, but, it gives me the willies and I want to finish this post ASAP.

   It's been an eventful first 24 hours here... and, crap, the timestamp's gonna say 10:59, but here it's almost midnight. Sayanara or however you spell that.

ZOOTOPIA WATCH
   I don't have enough time to dissect any trailer today, but let me still say that Fandango apparently conducted a survey about the most anticipated films of the year, and... well, the movies people are excited for are just a bunch of action films and crap. And I'm stopping there before I start badmouthing Dawn of Justice, because Suicide Squad still genuinely looks like it's going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment