Monday, January 11, 2016

New Look

   In case you couldn't tell, I've made a few updates to the site...  The URL is the same, but the blog's official name is Disney Villain Death, which I've been using to refer to it for a while now anyway, and so I updated the title to reflect that.

   The longer DLaDV title was included in the blog description of, I'd say about a little more than a year, from about the time I got back from my mission:
"Die Like a Disney Villain" is an eclectic daily weblog whose subjects range anywhere from the crappy art I doodled on the math homework I didn't do in junior high, to technology's holistic effects on how we view reality and identity, to how weirdfunky my hair can get in the mornings. Stick around. There's a very good possibility there could be puppies.
   That description never really did much for me, so I removed that section of it just now. Hey hey.

   The biggest change is in the post layouts, of course. Well, the layouts themselves haven't changed. Just hopefully the posts are a little more readable. Still trying to maintain the Disney Villain-esque feel to the theme, but realizing that light text against a dark background isn't much fun to read, I switched to dark text on light background, and then realized how close in appearance that was to the stark cardstock of a slip from the Machine of Death, as in the blog's logo.

   Took me tinkering until 2:30 this morning, figuring out the exact line of HTML that edits the post border radius, to curve it down to replicate the edges of a card from the Machine of Death; even when I did find it it took me a bit to remember the code wouldn't take unless it had a / after the value="20px". Now the overall appearance is a bit more cohesive, and I hope a bit more conducive to  the weblog of a graphic arts major.

   I may or may not be finished making edits. I'm not sure I like the background color I've had, but I can't find any I prefer, for one. I'm also waffling between the Times New Roman and the Arial as the text body for posts... Times New Roman is what the editor uses as the default display, but the default font for the posts is Arial. Arial matches the sans serif look of a Machine of Death slip, and it looks nice enough, but the ZOOTOPIA WATCH announcements just don't look the same in Arial as they do from my edits' POV as Times New Roman, which I think I prefer for...

   Shoot, I should probably have screenshotted the old look so we could do a before-and-after. Huh.

EDIT: Wayback Machine comes to the rescue...

https://web.archive.org/web/20141224030231/http://dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20160127122520/http://dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment