Thursday, January 14, 2016

10 Views Per Post... Woot?


   I noticed tangentially my pagestats on my Blogger this morning that DVD now has more than 10 views per post on average (tangential, like, way tangential-- signing into Google on a public computer so that I could have a search I was making saved, using Blogger to sign in because there was no obvious sign-in to Google on the web browser I was using, and the search turned out for nothing anyway.) That was the stat this morning; it's at 13,978 now, which is... still, more than a 10-view-per-average post rate.

   I think that's supposed to be good; I don't know... looking at the statistics from that other time I posted up blog stats (not the 666 one, but the one where I thought Thomas "Ohnitsch" Novotny was stalking me) it's, arrggh I can't be bothered to do the math.

   There's a whole tab thing dedicated to traffic monitoring like that, which paints a much clearer picture, showing that last month had the most hits of any month, with this month being third highest and not halfway over yet... So, yes, traffic is up? But delving deeper into the stats on where the links are actually coming from, only one or two appear to be, actual, websites... And actual pageviews don't seem to correspond to posting at all; a full 93% of those pageviews from last month were from before I started posting regularly again (Dec 25th-31st pageviews number 40, out of the 619 total hits from last month, and oh sure now I can be bothered to do math.)

   I don't like talking about this anyway. It's like on FurAffinity when people freak out about having 300 views to their page, or something... I actually don't know what's up with that; whether they feel famous for it or if that's actually a milestone and they get boosted in, rankings, or something. Is that the case? And is that still the case, with the IMVU thing now or whatever? I suppose I could look it up...

   ...not that it's anything new but man there is just so much about FurAffinity that I don't understand...

   Anyway, I suppose now I can post the solution to last week's Sudoku, now that this week's one is due tomorrow (I did not win the contest, thank you very much for asking...)



EDIT: This throws the stat off, but I just realized that it's more like thirteen views per post, seeing as how this is the 1052nd post up and the number given on the dashboard is a signifier of all posts, not just the ones published. Sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment