Sunday, January 3, 2016

Trip Update, Ombudsmanship, and the Noo Year Revyoo (Plus Zootopia Watch Trailer Review)

PART 1
   Check-in day to our apartment is tomorrow, it's been a long trip yadda yadda but we've arrived at our not-our-apartment, and so wi-fi configuration yadda yadda, and I'm just here, on a borrowed machine, to check in... I could be up for a full post right now if I really wanted, but without my own computer I don't have the screenshots for today's Zootopia trailer dissection...

   This is, my first time ever in Idaho; the open stretches here are just as big as the ones in Nevada-- bigger on the inside by a lot, long stretches of nothing. A lot more moisture here though.

   Hey! Mom linked to my blog and said good things. Here. I'm seriously super going to miss, like the worst part of this is she won't be able to ombuds me anymore. Like the stuff about the existence of scholarships? Yep.

   Also, after I mentioned the relatively smaller size of the wasabi bottle, I was gifted an extra one for the road.

   I guess I'll have more stuff soon! I could easily just like leave this post here and call that good for the whole thing, but Zootopia Watch like I said, and also I really need to get on my new year's thing I'm pretty sure I told you I'd get to... For now, hey have some webcomic:


PART 2
THE NOO YEAR REVYOO
   I was just about to do this anyway, but realized it was the New Year, so may as well theme a post out of it... How are all my little pet projects doing?

A Real Thing:
XYxFF
   Status: Have I even... have I even posted up any posts about this side, side project? I don't think so. I've got a bunch written, though? I guess I could tell you what it even is, for one: it's basically a hodgepodge of ideas, deconstructing the magic in My Little Pony as though they were a Brandon Sanderson cosmere-esque magic system, in a cosmic horror setting. It's fun, but I'm not too serious on it. But it is fun. Keeping it on the backburner.

Things That Don't Even Come Back Around
   Status: NaNoWriMo crashed and burned; the characters definitely needed more time to percolate. I do occasionally actively work on doing that; Orson Scott Card's "Characters and Viewpoint" equals, and in some ways surpasses, his "How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy" as a writer's resource.

Persistence of Memory:
   Status: In Cailin's hands? I've mentioned how this thing has gone through so many revisions since the bits about it I posted up, and, well, Cailin's always been the real author. But she's got a job now, and a kid, and a crippling addiction to huffing toothpaste (kidding!), so, well, it's always been out of my hands.

Disney Villain Death:
   Status: redaily apparently
   Alright so how's the status on all that backlog then?: phew, man, don't bother me wit' that till it's a habit even getting my things up daily.

Cap'n Patches!:
   Status: I plan to work a lot more in this universe as part of school, pieces of my portfolio, art project things, just whatever.

Secret Indie Film Project I've Been Working On All Year But Hadn't Bothered Telling You About Till Friday:
   Status: I had planned on beginning principle shooting as soon as this semester ends, but since the first you heard of it was in the context of not being able to do that, well...

   There are a lot of ideas flying around on how to generate revenue for the Fallon Theatre (big screen Smash Bros Tourney, anyone?) Here's mine: a project to create indie films with exclusive distribution to the Fallon Theatre, and also maybe YouTube.

   It's actually a pretty ambitious project, this one; I've got loads of ideas for it but have always seen it as a short film, so the challenge is distilling every idea to its essence to be able to jam all the, symbolism and characterization and stuff, into a small frame. It's also ambitious because, oh, did I mention it's got animated sequences? Yeah...

   I have been a filmmaker before, and it's always my dream to continue being one, so in a sense I'm glad that I've got extra time to plan this out.

Well, that's about it.
   Here, have more webcomic:


ZOOTOPIA WATCH TRAILER REVIEW pt 2
   Nick being attacked by the panther with the "key witness" over it connects Nick-and-Judy with the overarching mystery/conspiracy, though the panther attack is clearly from later on in the film, the action sequence in, that jungly place; whatever its name is... I think that if going savage is part of why Nick is a witness, it's from the scene later on in the trailer, when he's attacked by the tiger through the glass. That's the same glass from the SWAT team shot, you can tell because of the punch pad. That same tiger may be the same who got racism'd against on the bus, but if so NICE JOB BREAKING IT DISNEY.

   Whether the tiger is one of Gazelle's hunky dancers (dang it Disney you found-- and pushed for all it's worth-- my gay button, tigers in boy shorts) remains to be seen; probably not but that's just such a funny idea.

   Mr Otterton's disappearance is possibly connected to his going savage himself, though not necessarily-- the instance the trailer provides of an animal going savage is footage of Mr Otterton going nuts in the back of a taxi; is that why he goes missing, or is he being otternapped by the taxidriver? Trailers lying the way the do sometimes, that could easily be him faking going savage to evade his kidnappers, or else happening to be genuinely going savage during same, or... well, there's really not enough information. Pooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment