Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Well Hey What Else but the First Day of Classes (Plus Zootopia Watch Trailer Review)

   Aargh this Sudoku puzzle is mopping the floor with me. That observation's going to make sense, hopefully, tomorrow, when I've got time to write more about that... and hopefully have the puzzle completed...

   So! First day of classes. Forget about that previous post titled day 1; that just meant my first day ever in Idaho? This, today, was the actual first day of classes. One intro to graphic design class (which looks fun, if only as a rehash of Photoshop-and-Illustrator-and-InDesign (which I've already taken a couple classes on but the credits only transferred as electives,)) and, two religion classes-- having signed up for the second one only this morning; the online signup had blocked me from signing up for a second religion course, which I need to take if I want to have all my foundations courses completed at a good time (because of the transferred credits thing)-- I tracked down how to sign up, if it was doing that to me, and it turns out that all classes became available for signup this morning because it's the first day of classes.

   The art class-- it's a basic requirement, prerequisite for I-could-really-do-the-actual-math-but-am-just-going-to-say-90% of the more advanced classes I'm looking to take. I was kind of panicking last night over it, not over the class intrinsically but because he has us buy a Wacom tablet instead of a textbook, which would be about the same price... and, I already have a similar pressure-sensitive drawing tablet (which I actually am using to try to tackle this Sudoku puzzle digitally,) not a Wacom, and if I were to get a Wacom-brand tablet it would be a Cintiq instead of an Intuos, actually upgrading to one of those super-nice ones with the display on-tablet, but those are super expensive and who knows my financial situation may actually have deteriorated somehow since my report yesterday of being dirtpoor, and my credit card application was denied because my employment at the dairy was somehow unverifiable so I don't have any credit, though isn't PayPal doing a credit thing now I wander if that's worth looking into, but even then how am I gonna pay anything off even if I do sell my blood plasma because I still have to pay rent and buy groceries when my sandwiches and canned foods run out, oh dear oh dear oh dear, but... from what it sounds like, all that matters is the pressure sensitivity, so the one I've got would do anyway, and also we won't be needing any of that for seven more weeks.

   The religion courses-- I kind of signed up for doing some kind of, well you need to write a two-page paper in my first class, and report in front of the class on your experience and what you learned writing it, and so I figured I'd get it out of the way, because hey, my Fridays are open, so I can get all that done by Monday. SINCE WHEN HAVE I HAD SUCH EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONING SKILLS, between being proactive with that, and tracking down the necessary information about how to sign up for my second religion class, and being able to schedule everything, and handle all my finances, and keep my blog up-to-date, and tracking down details about a BFA degree, and a myriad of other things? It had to have started sometime after signing up for classes in the first place, since Mom had to get me prepared (in a major way) for that (day before my class signup opens, and I didn't even have a list of the courses I needed to take my first semester as prerequisites for later classes...)

   Have I posted that post I wrote, yet, about how it's so awesome to be a failure? If not: that observation makes sense in context. I think that might have a lot to do with it. I prayed about it, but I forget the answer... that might have been it?

   It's 11:00 here, and I've got class in the morning, though not as early tomorrow as they were this morning (7:45, did I tell you that? I don't just need my observations for my Book of Mormon course prepped by Monday, it's by Monday at 7:45 in the morning.) So I won't go into as much detail as I'd thought I was going to (I can do that tomorrow I guess?) I'll just inform you, my cellphone and my At-a-Glance got here today. Huzzahhuzzahhuzzah.

ZOOTOPIA WATCH TRAILER REVIEW pt 4
   Still on my AlphaSmart, so, another coming soon. Man, though, typing in the dark like that, when it got into the evening time... It's also going to need a bit of cleanup first. My typing style is kind of weird? Sort of a hybrid between touch typing and hunt-and-peck. Usually that's not much of a problem, because at least I'm no longer full-on hunt-and-peck like I was during all my typing courses in Elementary school, but here you could feel it, and, I'm rambling again; I'm going to bed. Good night.

   Got it. Here's the chunk of text, fully decoded from mistyping in the dark!:

   "We may be evolved, but deep down we are still animals," says, sounds like, Mr Big?

   What's that, did someone express my favorite theme of all time? Fantastic Mr Fox explored this to some extent, Mr Fox figuring out how to balance his responsibilities, how strengths can be weaknesses as embraces when he uses the animals' talents ranging from both natural to anthropomorphic (demolitions expert!) but it's very measured; I love to see someone dig into the meat of the issue and come out and express the theme, which expression may be on some levels less profound but is oh so satisfying.

   Animals living in harmony bit going savage in some Hitchcock-esque twist seems the perfect venue to do just that, showing vs telling-- both tools have their place in the quiver; the best balance is to show the underlying theme, through telling of subthemes or superthemes connected by this; even if we have to work 4 out for ourselves, the film still tells us 2 and 2.

   ... Also, I've got more for you, from parking it for the night Sunday night-Monday morning, fresh stuff!


   All these camels running with a train in the background... I don't know, but for some reason it feels like I've seen this bef--


oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment