Sunday, June 12, 2016

2.0 Sticker Poll Closed

   Previously, on Die Like a Disney Villain: my laptop got dropped, my hard drive shattered (aww) but replaced with a new one, which meant a fresh start (yay!) The laptop, different on the inside and also partially on the outside, now christened (it is a Christian laptop) 2.0, undergoes a process of receiving a new totally unique identity, to contrast it with the fresh-out-of-the-box appearance of its previous life. One poll has come and gone for its new wallpaper, and now the results of a second poll, regarding exterior adornment, are now in.

   Of five votes, with multiple selections enabled this time, "a bunch of little colorful miscellaneous stickers" received 3 votes, "fauna of an anthropomorphological persuasion unironically enjoying ice cream cones" received 1 (that was mine!!), with the same number of votes (1) for "leave her naked." With the multiple selections possible, I'd come up with a complicated little system of parsing how votes would be tallied, which I never actually told you because none of the posts lately really seemed like the place for it... Nonetheless, I will run it down for you now:

   The winner of the poll was (to be) based off of the top two or three vote-earners. If "leave her naked" was the top earner, however, I would have done just that, not fancily adorning the laptop back with anything at all. If it was in second place, the case would be this, that the laptop back would be left unadorned save for the sole sticker that was voted number one.

   I clearly did not count on "a bunch of little colorful miscellaneous stickers" coming in first place with "leave her naked" coming in second. I mean, how would that have worked? Nor did I count on ties occurring, particularly not with "leave her naked." Fortunately, the two converged, and I think we can all walk away happy, and have the outcome fit perfectly within the "grammatical" laws I'd set up for myself:

   The back is blank, save for stickers, colorful and miscellaneous, but of only one variety. That variety being FAPs eating frozen dairy treats from waffle cones, of course, which came tied in second place just as "leave her naked" did.

   I'm pretty sure that that solution makes sense.

   I for one am really satisfied with how that came out. With the ASUS's back being concentrically lenticular, though, it's going to be tough to stick stickers on there; I'm going to have to, prime it, perhaps with gesso or something, on the areas where the stickers are to be stuck. But that's just as well, because the stickers are also to be custom made, so may as well incorporate that as an end goal in mind as part of the manufacture itself...

2 comments:

  1. I need to know how you can write a whole post about stickers you have some skill i do not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget a picture of 2.0 when you are done.

    ReplyDelete