Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Nick Chinlund!

My A Goofy Movie kick continues, with this video we watched today in Animation Workshop I guess?


Man, I have to do a second post today; I already did one at three this morning... which counts as yesterday's post. Which I poured a lot of soul and blood into, by the way. It just got saddled with kind of a crappy name is all. So for today's post I have chosen a name that could never be crappy.

I say we watched the video above in Animation Workshop, but you know how much time I spend in the Spori downstairs computer lab the other length of the hall from the Workshop. Usually I've got something to scan or some reason to be there, but I just like the company there as well- a bunch of highly motivated illustration majors always working on some project of another.

Frequently also, there's Netflix but anyway, with art-ing going on generally on the Cintiq tablets on the main computer screen there's reference material, maybe photos, maybe the GIS of the work of an artist who's awesome at concept sketches or color or whatever. Sometimes professional, sometimes insanely talented fresh graduates whose names we know by heart they're just that good.

There was a whole spate of awesome, those, featured this evening, here, as winners of mentorships at Motivarti.
https://motivarti.org/2016/03/21/congratulations-spring-2016-mentees/

Also featured this evening, this academy for learnin' how to illustrate:
http://2d.cgmasteracademy.com/

That should tide you. Check 'em out.

No comments:

Post a Comment