Monday, June 6, 2016

Monday is Over (Zootopia Parties I'm Party To)

   Monday is over, again, finally. It being past midnight in the timezone where I write this, I guess that means that Zootopia is out on DVD/Blu-Ray/digital now? Huh. I could probably download a digital copy from Amazon right now...

   ...nope, just pre-order still. Still, that will be available by the morning; it's coming out, it's here. All over the country, I know, there are going to be Zootopia parties... I can say this for sure, being firsthand witness to two of them... neither involving anything of my direct participation of course (really I hadn't given it much thought, and if anything my plan would be just to go see it again still being in theaters.)

   I'd been going to talk about how terrible homework is on Mondays, again, but actually telling the story of the second party I'm privy to ties in perfectly with that. Down in the computer lab, my second primary haunt after the Crestwood lounge, after hours it's the hangout of the illustration majors working on their homework, using the Cintiq tablets and the Photoshop and the Pinterest boards to get their projects done, usually with Netflix open to an animated film in another browser. I feel much affinity toward these illustration majors. Graphic design is way too fascinating to me for me to want to switch majors (the two majors are very similar,) but I can still live the illustration life vicariously through my contact with them. And, the reason I'm down in the lab in the first place is, I've still got art homework myself, of the non-graphic-design variety, which frequently needs scanning. I got my composition homework and my graphic design homework done on time, at the expense of some other stuff apparently, but it was still a nuisance.

   I hear them make plans, anyway. Zootopia party.

   (The other one, I might as well mention as well; there was a billboard display set up in the district library, I saw, advertising a movie-night-at-the-library deal, with a screening of that. Phew.)

No comments:

Post a Comment