Friday, June 17, 2016

Ramble in the Bramble re: Brandbuilding

Man, how tired was I when I wrote yesterday morning's post? More tired than I am now, but... more motivated too, as well, probably. I actually had something clear to report. Right now, right now, this whole weekend, I have not much that need be done. Neither of my religion classes has required reading for Monday; my art classes do have art that needs to be done, but motivation to art specifically for an assignment, it will come when it will come. With nothing to report (not anything that wouldn't have been amazing yesterday, that is, and, you know what, I think I'll just slap an EDIT back there with that stuff when I get around to also backlogging a post to the day before yesterday) I'm going into this post asking myself, if I were a reader of this blog, what would I want to get out of today's post? And the answer to that is, exactly what I've been talking about. I'd been meaning to get not-boring with this post, but if you're reading this blog anyway I figure you must be invested as it is. Even people who are already ahead are just trying to get ahead, and right now (and I'm not sure if I've ever actually done this but) I really don't care much about "building up a brand" or whatever; I just want to be candid right now.* It wouldn't be selling out to build up a brand- that's not what I'm saying. Go on, care about your followers! It's the least you can do, in a world where people so frequently do so much less than the least and still feel entitled to success. "You're not special," David McCullough said, which is totally (going to be) my inspirational quote desktop wallpaper. Branding isn't a bad thing. Sometimes you go into Walmart and your tanks get filled up again with faith that humanity can and does do wonderful things. Sometimes, though, you go into Walmart and your faith in humanity is crushed grisly, -ly. You know what I mean? I've been fortunate lately; the former option (rather than the latter) is what I experienced last time I was at Walmart, yesterday. (Full(er) story in the EDIT to that day's post.) Didn't buy anything; I generally grocery shop at Broulim's and right now I'm saving up my money really looking forward to the Comic Book Workshop's Idaho Falls trip next weekend. Which is really what I wanted to get to this whole time, talk about that; profuse apologies if this post has been kind of rambly. It has, no "if" about it; it has, though I'm sure it would seem a lot less so if there were any, you know, formatting applied to this post. (This new paragraphing style isn't much fun; I'm trying to write this whole post in one paragraph. Which is, also turning out to be not much fun. Nor is it much fun to read, BAM! big wall of text, so, I hope I figure something out soon.) (If you'd notice, though, the first paragraph here is unindented, so, either way I'm keeping that, figure it's good enough practice.) (Justification. I could try to, justify, one of these blogs, to differentiate the styling between the two... though it would fit better on TTDECBA than over here...) Walmart yesterday was, pretty rad (though way overlong as I missed the shuttle bus departure not once but twice) but, just generally lately, I'm feeling more, everyone's-just-trying-to-get-ahead. So. Don't care much right now to do any brandbuilding, just dechesting this from me-wise to you-ward.




*Zootopia posts accomplish both, of course; it's something I enjoy writing about and something people enjoy reading about; but, I haven't seen that movie in, like, hours, man. It's finally out in Turkey, though! Came out last weekend; I was beginning to wonder if it would ever arrive...

No comments:

Post a Comment