Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Picnics: Like Panics, but with an Interjection of Understanding Instead of an Indefinite Article!

All right.

I can do this.

Tomorrow (Thursday) I'm volunteering for, a chunk of hours, at this... picnic, thing, or something? All I know is that there's free food, which is truly the desire of my heart.

Saving up my money all for the Comic Book Workshop Idaho Falls trip on Saturday. Not having gone grocery shopping in weeks, or making any expenditures (save hitting Zootopia at the Paramount 5 a week ago. Again.) The most variety I'm getting into my diet is adding peanut butter and jelly to my oatmeal. It's delicious, obviously, but, other than what I've managed to scavenge all I've been eating lately is what I've already got. I still have a little milk. I still have a little Spam. I still have a little Greek yogurt. I have four fish fillets (serving size: 3 fillets) and one English muffin (serving size: 1 muffin.) All that stuff, it's going to last me, maybe a meal and a half. That's fine; I do have loads of oatmeal...

Potatoes may have kept Mark Watney alive, but that doesn't mean he had to like eating them.

The picnic I've signed up to volunteer at tomorrow (oh yeah that reminds me, there was that barbeque last Saturday that I went to too) should refill my coffers, tide me over until I can make post-spree damage assessment of the upcoming trip. (We're going to Barnes and Noble this semester as well, not just Hastings. As for food on the trip... we did go to IHOP last time, which was great, but apparently this time Taylor's family is having an open-to-the-public family reunion with food that happens to be right where we need it, when we need it? I wouldn't mind paying eating out (part of the experience after all) but, we'll see how that turns out.)

Sounds good so far. But...

But my Art History class always finds the worst place to have tests due. I can take it Friday or Saturday, to be sure- but do I have time for it on Friday? I usually do it Saturday, but I did shoot for Friday last time, a few weeks ago... aiming for Friday this time, incidentally, also in preparation for the trip this weekend; I wanted to be sure that I had time in the morning Saturday to get some work in for pay, helping out with some apartment thing. And make money. I cut it too close to hit the testing center Friday, though, got in Saturday morning... from hour to hour we rot and rot, anyway. Thereby hangs a tail; it's a long story in other words. It ends either way with me not being able to make it to work nor truly even wanting to.

This test is of course on top of other stuff which is also due, just normal homework stuff but it never stops happening, and every time I think that I've got the whole future of every visible upcoming assignment in my view, along comes a hairy eight-legger like this and sends me into a panic attack about how the stuff that needs done is going to take me maybe even as long as a whole hour each and I've only got a few days to get them done oh dear oh dear.

Seriously, you know how obnoxious it is to plan ahead all the tasks that need done, without having the skills or even desire to plan actually getting any of it out of the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment