Friday, June 10, 2016

Summer Plans Continual Update

   Apartment number 4 is one of the few that's going under renovation (one of the few that are going under renovation? shoot, is "few" singular or plural?) over the summer, so although I may not have to "pack" all my stuff were I staying (which, it's looking like) I'm still going to have to, relocate to a new apartment for the summer, at least temporarily. Which is disappointing, because halfway through the semester and I've finally gotten my bookshelf unpacked and set up. My books, my CDs, everything, all taken out of the closet where they'd been in storage over Spring Break, and now proudly on display.

I've seen this image dozens, maybe scores of times, and I just today realized, I've got no idea what's going on here.
   Meanwhile, though, the problem with signing up for classes? Looks like it has to do with my track schedule, being all Winter/Spring track with no Fall in there. Working on getting that cleared up. That's about it.

   Meanwhile, though, someone's watching Zootopia in the room where I'm right now at, and I really need to quote along ('specially since they're watching with headphones on now... sheesh. Though that probably has something to do with the fact that I was quoting along a bit too loudly earlier...)

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter if "few" is singular or plural, because that's not the subject of the sentence. The subject of the sentence is the word "one" with "of the few" just being a modifier for that. So "one" is the subject, so the verb would also be singular. So you did it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of the few that *are* going under renovation, apartment number four is one? Totally different construction, right?

      Delete
    2. In that case, the implied "apartments" is the subject: Of the few [apartments] that are going under renovation. So it's mostly the same thing, the subject being something other than "few."

      Delete